TCM Chinese Herbs, Health Benefits of Lou Han Guo (罗汉果).
The “Luo Han Guo” fruit pulp is dark green, is commonly grown in the Guanxii province, southern China, near the mountains of Guilin. It is also known as “the longevity fruit” and fairy fruit to ordinary people because of the steep mountain fields and have a significant number of residents that live to be 100 years old or more! In ancient China, Luo Han Guo was the tributes to the emperors.
It is harvested while green, seeded and then dried before using in tea, soup or other foods. Once harvested, the fresh fruit Luo Han Guo cannot be kept too long, processed and kept in the fridge. After dry, the outer surface of the fruit will be soft and yellow-brown dust and the skin is a bit hard but thin, juice and the inside contains a large number of seeds.
TCM Chinese Herbs, Health Benefits of Lou Han Guo (罗汉果) is the only nutritious fruit, that all components from the skin to the seeds have a sweet taste, widely used to treat the disease according to rules.
• Luo Han Guo leaves contain terpene glycoside, regularly brewed to make tea and extracts of the various health products.
• Luo Han Guo roots to treat smallpox.
• Luo Han Guo skin heals wound cut.
This TCM Chinese Herbs, Health Benefits of Lou Han Guo (罗汉果) is use as a cool drink among Chinese. Air drinks can help control fever or circumstances described in the tradition as the 'hot'. The fruit can be used in both drinks and cooked food. Boil some of the fruit in water until a sweet, concentrated liquid, keep the liquid in a cool place and use it as a substitute for both sugar and honey.
The cooked Luo Han Guo extract provides primary health benefits for invalids and people infected by the HIV. It contains high amounts of amino acids, fructose, vitamins and minerals. Its nutrients are not destroyed during cooking. Its nature and sweetness are not affected by heating or cooling thus making it a versatile fruit to use.
It is three hundred times sweeter than regular sugar. However, it hardly has any calories and use as a flavour-filled natural sweetener. Luo Han Guo is a healthier sugar substitutes. However, the Chinese had Luo Han Guo "secret" weapons as a natural sweetener and healing solution for many centuries.
Luo Han Guo is of cool nature and taste sweet, entering meridians of lung and spleen.
From the perspective of Chinese medicine, dryness is the main characteristics in autumn. People are to be exposing to pathogenic dryness in autumn. In autumn choose food which can balance and moisten the lung, to remove all pathogenic dryness in the lung. Luo Han Guo is the priority option and one of the best herbs that can clear lung benefit throat, transform phlegm, stop coughing, and moisten intestines and loose bowel.
Basic clinical manifestations are as follows:
• Dryness in the mouth, nose, and throat.
• Dry cough with little phlegm
• Dryness even chapped or threatening skin in women.
• Malnourished, result in hair loss.
• Relieves constipation induces regular bowel movements.
TCM Chinese Herbs, Health Benefits of Lou Han Guo (罗汉果):
• Clearing heat, cooling blood heat, promoting production of fluid, stopping coughing, detoxification, rejuvenation and skin care.
• Treat coughing due to phlegm-heat, sore throat, constipation, irritability and thirst.
• Treat dry coughing due to lung fire, sore throat and aphonia, intestinal dryness and constipation.
• Effectively treat diseases like acute bronchitis, acute tonsillitis, throat burning and acute gastritis.
• The root of this tree can fix ringworm, carbuncle, sore boil, etc.
• The hair of it can be used for wounds.
• Relieve throat infection or cough.
• Prevent heatstroke and cooling the body in hot climates.